Friday, September 30, 2011

Facebook Account Confirmation

Apparently, scammers are sending out chat messages advising Facebook users to "confirm" their identity or account by clicking on a particular link or risk having their account suspended or even terminated. Beware of clicking such links because those lead to fake facebook pages.

What do These Fake Facebook Account Confirmation Pages Do?

The landing pages are often deceitfully represented as an official facebook page where users are advised to confirm their facebook account/identity or their facebook account will be disabled or closed within 24 hours.


landing page of the fake facebook account confirmation messages

These pages/links appear to be phishing sites and pages. They solicit usernames and passwords and worse, even credit card numbers supposedly as a means for Facebook users to confirm their accounts.

Beware of giving such information. Once scammers get hold of  your passwords and credit card details, it is least likely that they will not exploit those information.

The link provided by the first message below, for example, appears as a Facebook security page but with a different, non facebook URL that uses a free domain extension cx.cc. The information/ details asked for by the form in this link are also already submitted by you to Facebook and so there is no need for you to re enter your personal information.
Last Warning: Your Facebook account will be turned off because someone has reported you. Please do re-confirm your account security.

WARNING : Your account is reported to have violated the policies that are considered annoying or insulting Facebook users. Until we (http://www.facebook.com/security) system will disable your account within 24 hours if you do not do the reconfirmation.

If you still want to use Facebook, Please confirm your account below:

apps-help-center-confirmation.cx.cc/

Thanks.

The Facebook Team

 

Warning | Your account will be disabled because of abuse

Facebook requires users to register their accounts, as proof of the authenticity of the account.
This is because many people who use false identities in their profile that violates our Terms of Use.

Please confirm within 24 hours if you suspect that this is our fault. If you do not confirm the system will automatically close your facebook account permanently with the presumption that such indication is correct.

Please confirm your facebook account on the link below:

http://apps-system-confirmation-facebook.tk/

Thank you for helping improve our service.

Make sure to warn your friends about this Facebook account confirmation scam, share this post on Facebook:

34 comments:

  1. I have tried to assess my new facebook account in the last three days to no avail. I was asked to check my email address for a confirmation letter before I could continue. I 've checked my email inbox severally anfd found nothing . Please assist - I wish to use my new facebook account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confirm that this is dianne harris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confirm this is Gabrielle Victoria Meletiche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Messages :I got this message too! I'm looking to contact facebook about this.
    Actions
    Fącebooƙ Șecuriƫy

    Fącebooƙ Șecuriƫy
    15 hours ago
    Fącebooƙ Șecuriƫy

    LAST WARNING : Your account is reported to have violated the policies that are considered annoying or insulting Facebook users. Until we (http://www.facebook.com/security) system will disable your account within 24 hours if you do not do the reconfirmation.

    If you still want to use Facebook, Please confirm your account below:

    update-security-account.de.hm/

    Thanks.
    The Facebook Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. People need to not play with facebook, that is really wrong

    ReplyDelete
  6. please confirm my facebook account

    ReplyDelete
  7. I confirm that i am Arthur Joseph.

    My advise to the people out there,is that, they shouldn't play with facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People need to not play with facebook, that is really wrong

    ReplyDelete
  9. how confirm that my account is enable to message

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't send massage to my friends of facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. i cannot confirm my new account,im tired to confirm it . i wish after i comment my new account is confirm now i need this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i confirm that my account is enable to message

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have done nothing wrong on facebook im not on hear much because of school and football the only thing i have done is block Libby Lambert for sending me threats and i also blocked her daughter and husband bub and sara lambert my e-mail address is brenda-kelly89@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I confirm that i am Orkhan Elizade

    ReplyDelete
  15. received a warning from facebook security a couple of minutes ago...told me that my account is being reported and violated the policies considered as annoying and insulting to facebook users....that my account will be deactivate within 24 hours if i do not reconfirm my account.......in connection with this matter....I confirm that i am Mercy Gutierrez.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never have and never intended to have ANY FACEBOOK ASCCOUNT. Despite of this I have received TWO (2) emails from facebook to my email address (2 days apart) stating that I should confirm my Facebook Registration (which I've never done). Of course I will NOT confirm it, however I wanted to let Facebook to know about this. However, while at Facebook Security there is an option to give feedback without having an account, it DOES NOT WORK. It does seem to be cuccessfully collect email address and birthday, but it does not bring up the complaint form it promises... Does anybody use this Facbook thing still? If so, why?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Were my fb confirmcode ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. i want to confirm my facebook account but have no idea how to

    ReplyDelete
  19. thankyou for accepting to confirm my account

    ReplyDelete
  20. please confirm my face book account

    ReplyDelete